April 15, 2010

Recipes from my Mom

At every Relief Society function over the last 25+ years if my Mom likes a dish, dessert, or whatever is it happens to be she ask for the recipe. WOW! I have to tell you she has sure collected many of them. Many years ago she made a Mom's Cookbook for my sisters and myself...full of wonderful recipes, but my favorite section is desserts.....boy do I love a yummy treat! I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

CHOCOLATE GUNK CAKE by Helen DowDell

1 small pkg chocolate pudding and pie filling (not instant)
1 pkg chocolate cake mix, powder only (no eggs, oil, water, etc)
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c nuts , if desired

cook the chocolate pudding according to the instructions. Let cool a few minutes, then stir in 1 chocolate cake powder mix. Mix well and spread in a 9x13 greased and floured cake pan. Top with chocolate chips and nuts. Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes.


WAFFLE IRON COOKIES

1/2 c melted margarine
1 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 Tablespoons cocoa (can use Carob powder equal amounts)

mix margarine, sugar, eggs and chocolate together. Then add flour and vanilla. Place a heaping spoonful onto a hot (sprayed with Pam) waffle iron. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Lift off with fork cook and frost if desired, which I recommend. (can frosting works great)

RON'S FUDGE


2 pkgs white chocolate chips
1/2 pkg Toffee bits

In the microwave melt the white chocolate chips, just until soft. Stir well and take out of microwave. Add the toffee bits. Stir well. Spread evenly on a small cookie sheet with a lip or small 8x8 pan lined with foil. Refrigerate. When set, cut into small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment