April 21, 2010

Easy Home Decor

If you're ever searching for amazing things to make in blog world....check out The Creative Crate (link below)


Something I saw and have been wanting to try and I did, check it out!

I found this great idea from The Creative Create, but put my own twist on it.


I decided to use things around my house. I found a wood board from the builders who left it, got out my paints and used my cricut to cut out the words.I didn't have the exact paint I wanted so I mixed some to get the color I wanted.Cut out the words with my cricut.Ok, so I made I mistake and got rid of the base paint color before I realized that I would need it again to cover up my mess ups from the cream color for the words. So I had to tried to mix the same paint again....didn't work so well. Then I had to get a little creative and add some brown on top and rubbed it with a wet towel to get the look I wanted.
I love IT! Now I need to find a good place to put it.

Check out the original design at Here


Thank you, The Creative Crate for inspiring me to create something wonderful!


No cost - found thing around the house. Time to create 1-1 1/2 hours (mostly dry time)

No comments:

Post a Comment